Health & Safety
Elite Environmental Group Inc. aims to be the leader in its scope of services offered. To achieve strong leadership and distinguish itself from other competitors, Elite Environmental Group Inc. aims at providing the highest quality work possible. This is achieved by maintaining a safe work environment, providing resources for safety training and safety equipment to all workers, and – most important of all – by creating a safety-conscious culture.
A safety conscious culture is where all workers, supervisors, subcontractors and other specialists execute work in the safest possible manner and constantly strive to encourage themselves for continuous improvement. Elite Environmental Group Inc. is proud to be resolute about health and safety and will be consistent with the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act, and Regulations for Construction Projects and other legislative requirements.
In order to create and provide a safe and healthy work environment, we believe that managers, supervisors, employees and subcontractors under our supervision have obligations which need to be respected and unified towards one goal: accident prevention. If we are to eliminate accidents, we must eliminate or minimize the hazards that cause accidents and injuries. This is achievable only with the participation of all in preventing accidents, adopting a proactive approach and behaving with health and safety values in mind. Together we can make a difference.
Elite Environmental Group Inc., a leader in abatement/remediation services, is committed to achieving environmental sustainability in all sectors of our organization. We strive to provide a safe and environmentally conscious environment that is in compliance with municipal, provincial and federal regulations with respect to the environment.
- Comply with all municipal, provincial and federal environmental regulatory legislation;
- Educate all organization personnel on the importance of environmental impact;
- Promote throughout the organization the importance of our environmental impact and the importance of sustainability;
- Notify our customer/client base of our commitment to environmental awareness and encourage their cooperation;
- Minimize our waste production and re-use and recycle where practicable;
- Minimize our use of energy resources such as water and electricity by identifying alternative methods for completing our work activities;
- Work with fellow environmentally conscious suppliers and sub-trades;
- Understand the importance of LEED’s movement in green building initiatives and cooperate fully to achieve such designations;
- Operate and maintain company vehicles (where appropriate) with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate;
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community;
- As far as possible, purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same;
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy
This Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy has been established to meet the requirements of the Integrated Accessibility Standards (Regulation 191/11) (“IASR”) set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”). The IASR establishes standards to address barriers that persons with disabilities face in the areas of information and communications, employment and transportation. The requirements under the IASR are not a replacement or substitution for the requirements of the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Elite Environmental Group Inc. is committed to treating all employees in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements in accordance with the AODA.View Policy